Friday, September 6, 2013

Soak – Off Gel Nails at Home – 1st Attempt ❤

Hey babes… today I want to talk about soak of Gel nails (Gelish Nails might be a more familiar term). I love the idea of Gelish manicure/ pedicure. Whoever invented this, I  L o V e  y O u ! ! 

I usually get my gelish pedicure done in Malaysia (my hubby’s home town in Kluang) as it is cheaper than in Singapore (well, I do not have a nail sponsor… Sad....) For gelish manicure, I can only do it during long holidays or really special occasions like my wedding day!!!

I am not able to put on nail polish during normal day due to my work constraints… sad.. I super envy those who can go to work with really pretty and fancy nails. My work life is sooooooo restricted. So I tot, since I cannot paint my nails!! I will paint my toes!! Hahaha (at least it made me feel a little prettier haha~)

Ok enough of my ranting, already complaint till out of topic…. I have just DIY-ed my own Gel nails at home!! Excited!!! I always wanted to try to do Gelish Manicure / Pedicure myself. I like to paint my nails/toes but I hate the loooong waiting time for normal nail polish and I often mess up my left hand (I am right handed).

I have got tonnes of nail polishes (normal nail polish), I kept buying but never really apply already because I have gelish pedicure constantly, changing colour almost every 1 to 1.5 months. Haha.

To start to DIY gel nails, of cos you need to have basic essential items like – UV Lamp, Gelish PH Bond, Gelish Foundation, Gelish Nail Colour, Gelish Top coat and nail surface cleanser. Here, I am talking about the really basic items you need, of cos you can buy more like the cuticle cutter, cuticle nourishing oil, bla bla bla…. Oh ya and you can buy the brand you prefer not necessary to be from Gelish. 

I got my UV LED Lamp off Q0010 for $59 Sgd (I prefer UV LED than UV lamp, I feel UV lamp is not good got skin in long term). Super cute and its pink in colour ( u guys know I am sucker for pink stuff)  If you are interested, you can go search for one from Qoo10, there are so many designs available and price ranging from $40 - $300+

Qoo10 Seller that I got from: Beauty Minimart (super nice seller, relatively fast shipping and reliable)

All my gelish products that I have mentioned above is from: D.Y.O.N InternationalSingapore (Located at Scape Underground) I think they have a huge range of variety there and prices are pretty reasonable. They do have UV Led Lamps there too. Check it out yourself!!

I personally think it will be more worth to get in set then buying individually, I am the stupid one who bot all individually and end up spending more~~~ 

Win Win “step by step” DIY Gelish Manicure


Step 1: Buff nails to remove shine from nails (gelish nail polish will not be long lasting on smooth nails)


Step 2: Clean your nails with Gelish nail surface cleanser using cotton pads (lint free ones are recommended, but I just used the normal one)



Step 3: Apply Gelish PH Bond to nails (this PH Bond is used on natural nails as a dehydrator prior to next step)

Step 4: Apply thin coat of Gelish Foundation and make sure you seal the edges (to ensure long lasting gelish nails)


Step 5: Place you hand under LED UV Lamp for 30Secs (I cured for 30Secs since my UV LED Lamp have self timer of 30Secs)



Step 6: Apply one thin coat Gelish nail polish and make sure the edges are sealed ( I am using Good Gossip)

Step 7: Cure your fingers under UV Led Lamp for another 30Secs.

Step 8: Apply another thin layer of Gelish Nail Polish and seal the edges (you can apply more layers as desired)

Step 9: Cure fingers under UV Led Lamp for another 30 Secs.

Step 10: Apply Gelish Top it Off and cure for another 30 Secs.


Step 11: Clear tacky surface with Gelish Surface Cleanser, it the polish are properly cured, it shouldn’t be removed by the Surface Cleanser.


Tah Dah… I have pretty gelish nails!! (my left hand is not as perfect as usual)

However, when we praise about how well and long lasting gelish nails can be, the gelish nail removing process is tedious and it normally takes longer time and effort to remove it. Will share with you guys the procedure of removing gel nails at home later (I need to remove it like 2 days later, so stay tune but if you can’t wait, you can always Google or youtube).

Hope you guys like my sharing and do comment below!! 


** Disclaimer: The items above are purchased by my own money and reviews are based on personal opinion. 

Win Win

No comments: